Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fall dining room


It is finally starting to feel like fall is right around the corner. This is my favorite time of year. The crisp clean smell of the air is so refreshing after long months of the humidity drenched air of southern summers. Why I live in the south is a puzzle to me. I hate the heat. I always say you can always put more on but you can never take enough off. As we say in the south, even if you're buck naked your still gonna be hot 'round here.  Unfortunately this is where both my family and my husband's family are from so we are staying for now. Spring is full of pollen so it is hard to enjoy the nice weather then so all we have is fall and winter. I am one of the few down here that actually enjoys the winter. We actually had snow 3 times this past winter which was wonderful to me, but fall is by far the best. Just the other week it was still in the 90's but now it is in the 70's. Not all the way fall but we are finally on the cusp of it now.  To help me get more in the mood I have started decorating my house for the approaching season.  I am not as much into Halloween but I am sure that will change as my boys get older. So far I have only completed my dining room table.
View from hallway.
Pinecones I collected last year. Baskets are from the Target dollar bin.
Runner I made with two rolls of ribbon I got for 50% off at Hobby Lobby.
Acorns I collected last year. I hot glued the tops on.

Placemats I bought at Walmart for $3.99 each.
The flowers,vase and tablecloth are all things I owned already.


Stay tuned as I post more of my fall projects around the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment