Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pruning My LIfe

I never meant to neglect my shrubs this much but after becoming pregnant with twins my life became an emotional roller coaster.


I was put on hospital bedrest at 21 weeks and the boys still made their debut at 29 weeks 5 days. They were in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) for almost 2 months. Even when they came home they were on monitors for apnea.

So, as you can probably guess, the shrubs were the last thing on my mind. Unfortunately you can see the obvious neglect they suffered in the pictures below. Yes, they are shrubs, not trees.



So, my husbands stepfather came up with a chainsaw yesterday and we chopped those suckers down while my mother-in-law watched the boys. We took them down to their stumps.




We made a huge pile of debris. I hauled them off into the woods by hand. I am sore in places I never knew had muscles.



It was all worth it! I love the way it looks now. I can enjoy sitting on the porch now and see out of my dining room windows.








My next project might be to put in iron window boxes under my newly uncovered windows. Sounds like a plan!


Now I am off to work on other projects I have neglected. Hope you have a day full of progress. It is so fulfilling to mark things off that to-do list.


No comments:

Post a Comment