Monday, June 24, 2013

Purging

Sometimes I become extremely overwhelmed. I have come to realize it's because we have way too much stuff.  Now I am on a mission to purge and organize whatever is left after the purge.


Project #1: Scan and organize all our old pictures.

Since 2005, when I got my digital camera, our pictures have all been digital.  All pre-2005 pictures have been scattered all over the house. For the last 2 weeks I have collected all these pictures and have been scanning them in and now I am organizing them into boxes. I am burning all of the pictures to DVD's to share them with other family members. I have researched and found that originals should stored in photo boxes. If anyone wants a photo album they can pull out and look at they can take the scanned photos and upload them to a website (Such as Snapfish) and make a photobook using only the photos they want to see on a regular basis.  After I have all the photos organized in boxes I will give them back to my mom for safe keeping. So far I have sanned in over 2,500 pictures. A lot of work! I had no idea what an undertaking this would be but I think once it is done I will be happy I did it.

Project #2: Clean and Organize the garage.

I hate it when I am in the middle of a home or craft project and I'm tearing up the house trying to find the tools I need. A screwdriver here, a hammer over there. Now how did that get in that room? Sound familiar? Well it causes all our projects to take twice as long due to wasting so much time searching for things we need to complete the project. SO, I am going to solve that by taking the time to organize in the garage and basement to give each and everything their own home. This is going to be even more time consuming than the picture project but I hope it is worth it in the end.

I will keep you guys updated on the projects to let you know how they go.

No comments:

Post a Comment