Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Basement Library: Work in Progress

Our library is getting close to being finished. I thought I would share what we have done up to this point.

I painted the walls SW Cyberspace. These are pictures I took when the carpet was being put down. We chose a light grey carpet to coordinate and contrast all the dark walls.







Here is what it looks like right now. I apologize for the bad lighting. I know you're not supposed to take pictures with the lights on but this room has no windows so I didn't have much choice.


The sofas were our splurge items. We bought them from Thomasville. The other pieces in the room came from IKEA. We bought three bookshelves and lined them up to look like a wall of bookshelves. I chose to do a lighter colored coffee table so the room wouldn't feel so weighed down by all black furniture. What do you think? Should I have done black? My husband thinks we should have.






The ceiling light fixture is from Home Depot and I love it. I took a picture with the light on and with the light off.



The finishing touches are coming soon and I can't wait to share when it's complete.



No comments:

Post a Comment