Monday, July 1, 2013

DIY Signs

I have several craft projects on my to do list for several months but just haven't been able to get to them yet. Today I completed two of them. YEAH!!

Before I got to them though I had to take 3 pallets apart. Boy was that work!! Two of them were used for one of the projects I completed today. The other one is for another project I hope to get completed this week as well.

The first project I completed today was to make a sign to put over the boy's riding toys that are in the garage. I used a piece of leftover hardplank from a repair project we did on the porch a few weeks back. I painted it grey using paint we had left over from the basement reno. I printed off the letters on the computer and traced them with a pencil to score the wood. I then painted the letters by hand with some black paint we had, again, left over from the basement reno.

The other project was a sign to hang in our home theater.  I used the wood from two small pallets I got from the plant my mom works at. Here is how it turned out...

I messed up on the a in "theatre" but it was hard painting on some of the knots.  Once I have my other projects completed for the theater I will post pictures of the finished theater.  Let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment